CLEVELAND – (January 22, 2013) – The 2012-2013 Progressive International Motorcycle Shows cruises the nation's largest and longest-running motorcycle show tour into the I-X Center Friday, January 25 to Sunday, January 27. This is the place to see all of the new models from leading manufacturers including BMW, BRP, Ducati, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Kawasaki, KYMCO, Star, Suzuki, Triumph, Yamaha, and more, as well as the newest aftermarket parts and accessories. From hard-core enthusiasts to casual riders, the I-X Center will be the place for motorcycle enthusiasts to immerse themselves in bike culture, talk to experts and climb on all the hottest rides.
“Cleveland has always been a strong market for motorcycles and aftermarket products, and we are thrilled to be here once again with the nation’s largest motorcycle show,” said Progressive International Motorcycle Shows Brand Director Tigra Tsujikawa. “This year’s tour is jam-packed with dozens of new interactive features, exciting shows, accessories, gear and hundreds of new model motorcycles from all the top manufacturers.”
Features and special appearances that will fill the I-X Center with excitement throughout the weekend include:
- XDL Street Jam Motorcycle Stunt Show – Professional XDL freestyle stunt riders will wow crowds with thrilling motorcycle stunts on stock motorcycles throughout the weekend. Riders will perform a variety of tricks including wheelies, stoppies, wheelie races, K&N Circles Challenges and more. Stunt shows will take place Friday at 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.; Saturday, at 11 a.m., 2 p.m., 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.; and Sunday, at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- AMA/FIM World’s Fastest Man on a Motorcycle Al Lamb – Meet bike builder and world-record holder Al Lamb and check-out the turbo-charged Honda CBR1000RR, No. 1979, that set the 2012 AMA/FIM World Record, at 262.471 mph, in the MPS1000BF class.
- Pit Stop Challenge – For the first time ever, attendees will experience an interactive simulation of the Daytona 200 Pit Stop. Participants will race head-to-head for the fastest rear wheel pit stop time and winners will receive prizes throughout the weekend. The fastest Pit Stop Challenge time at the end of the 2012-2013 Progressive International Motorcycle Shows tour will win an all-expense paid trip to the Daytona 200.
· J&P Cycles Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Competition – Returning to the series for a third year, the world’s largest motorcycle builder competition will showcase elite-level, custom motorcycle creations vying for a piece of a $90,000 cash
purse prize and a chance to compete in the United States Championship finale. This competition will feature five classes
including Freestyle, Modified Harley-Davidson, Modified Street, Retro Mod and Performance Custom.
- J&P Cycles Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Competition Photo Booth – Builders with motorcycles competing in the custom bike competition will pose for photos with their bikes in this professional photo studio.
- The Podium – This interactive stage will be jam-packed with industry experts presenting a variety of motorcycling topics for both new and experienced riders including adventure riding, motorcycle maintenance, increasing bike performance, seminars for women riders and more. More than two dozen seminars and presentations will take place throughout the weekend.
- Celebrity Appearances – Motorcycle racing legend Chris Carr will greet fans and sign autographs.
- MotoGP Experience – All-new this year, the MotoGP grid will feature 12 MotoGP class bikes on a grid carpet, umbrella girls and a rare photo opportunity for all attendees with a pole sitting bike.
- Strider Adventure Zone – Children are invited to test ride a collection of pedal-less Strider bicycles on an exciting race course designed with gentle turns, small obstacles and more. This interactive feature is a perfect introduction to the two-wheeled world for future motorcycle riders!
- Progressive® Insurance Road Trip – Bikers dreaming of hitting the road with Progressive’s always happy-to-help sales clerk, Flo, can hop on a bike next to a virtual Flo, then view their photo on the Progressive Motorcycle Facebook page at www.facebook.com/progressivemotorcycle. Riders can also win prizes and kick back, relax and rest their feet in the Progressive Lounge.
- Vintage Club Displays – Motorcycle enthusiasts are invited to look into the past, with this special display showcasing retro bikes, courtesy of local vintage motorcycle clubs.
- Suzuki Giveaway – Attendees will have the chance to win one of two new Suzuki Hayabusa motorcycles.
- Rider Protection Project Presented by Allstate – In an effort to promote motorcycle safety, this interactive scavenger hunt will send participants to different spots on the show floor to identify missing gear. This new feature will test the motorcycle safety IQ of riders, and reward experts with fun prizes.
The Progressive International Motorcycle Show in Cleveland will be open to the public Friday, January 25 through Sunday, January 27, at the I-X Center, located at I-X Center Drive, in Cleveland. Show hours are Friday, from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is $15 adults, $6 for children 6-11. Children 5 and under are admitted free. For more information, call 800/331-5706 or visit www.motorcycleshows.com.